Friday, January 6, 2012

journaling 9 weeks

I don't journal anymore..... I don't keep up with the blog much either.  I was thinking about this the other day, and realized that the last time I was making regular journal entries was when Luna was just a few months old.  Guess things have just gotten away from me.  But I'm glad I kept a journal regularly (up until then) because I can look back on it now and compare what I'm feeling now to what I was feeling then.  "Then" being 9 weeks pregnant with Luna.  YEP - I'm nine weeks pregnant!  As if we don't have enough going on right now, we're adding a pregnancy to the list.  And, for those of you who have been pregnant before, you can probably relate to 1st trimester fatigue, and maybe even nausea.  I've had both - and they've made it challenging to keep up with my full plate.... a plate that includes midwifery school, a busy Chinese medicine practice, the opening of a new (private practice) clinic and all that that entails, entertaining a two year old who has learned the wonder of asking "why?", and supporting a very-busy-with-his-own-crazy-life-stuff partner ("crazy-life-stuff" including but not limited to school, work, and kid.... and taking care of his pregnant partner).  Whew - and why don't I journal anymore?


So I've decided that while I'm certainly busy.... and I am busy, I want to be able to look back on this amazing time some day in the future, and remember what it was like - through my words.  Journaling is great in so many ways... it allows release, and it holds a place in time.........
I'm not one to make new year's resolutions, but I have resolved to journal again and to capture these fleeting moments so I can one day look back and smile.



I hope the new year brings many blessings and smiles to all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment